Wednesday 16 September 2015

Today we continued practicing how to Read to Someone.  We had 2 rounds of Daily 5 where everyone got to choose their job.  We did amazing.

Grade one reading strategies include:  looking at the pictures for clues, look at the beginning sound and point to each word as you read it.  Grade 2's are working on comprehension strategies beginning with making predictions about a book.  

Here is the story we wrote during Writer's Workshop.  We started with the first two sentences and then used our senses to add more details.  


I love going to the beach.  It is hot.  I see people swimming.  I hear the waves crashing against the sand. Crash! This is my favorite place on earth!  I smell the seaweed laying on the sand and it smells sour just like rotten milk.  I taste the wind as the breeze lands on my tongue.  I feel the sand blowing onto my toes as I walk into the water.  I am happy!

Today we also talked about the letter w in handwriting without tears.  We are working on making skinnier w's and not ones that spread across the page.  

In math we also practiced our Skip Counting Stomp Game. Tomorrow we will be moving on to learn another game.

At the end of the day we celebrated Rosh Hashanah with Ms. Handelsman.  We learned about this holiday and everyone got to taste apples dipped in honey.  This tasted so good.  Please ask your child what Rosh Hashanah is.



We will most likely being having a practice fire drill on Monday. I have spoken with the class about expecations for this event and which doors we must exit through. 

Book orders arrived today and have been sent home.  

I think there may have been a mix up with the scholastic book orders at the end of the day. If you did not get your books or if you got books that are not yours can you pleas email me.  Thank you.

Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment