Wednesday 9 September 2015

Another wonderful day in Room 73.  We started our day off with a story and then went straight into quiet reading.  I met with another group of grade ones for guided reading.  I hope to have met with all the grade ones by the end of tomorrow and start with the grade twos on Friday.

During Writer's Workshop we wrote about a memory.  I showed the kids a picture of my daughter and me on a gondola in Vancouver.  I wrote about all the things the picture reminded me of and I ended my story with how I felt.

We are working on a printing program called Printing without Tears.  We have talked about c, s and today I introduced o.  We will be working on this program over the next few months.

We had Music with Mrs. McBride this morning.

After lunch we read a story about the leaves changing colour and then we did calendar activities.  

During Math the kids worked on a math challenge in their journals.  The kids had to figure out a skip counting pattern that I had created.  For example for grade one they had to fill in the blanks of the following pattern: 1,2 ___4,____,___7,____9____ and then 2, 4, _____,8, ____, ____.   The grade twos had this pattern 12, 14, ____, _____, 20, 22 ______, 26, 28 ______ and then ______ 80, 81, ____, _____, ____, 85, 86, 87, _____, 89, _____.  Everyone loved the challenge.

This afternoon we had dance.  So nice to see Ms. Janelle again.

At the end of the day we worked in our visual journals on a senses page.  We will finish up tomorrow by adding the senses and which body part they are associated with.

Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment