Wednesday 17 February 2016

Happy 100th Day!!

Oh my I cannot believe it is the 100th day of school.  I am very happy with what we have accomplished thus far in the year.  We are well set up for the last 5 months.

Today we celebrated 100 day.  We made a post card and a 100 day collage.   We also learned what an acrostic poem is and each student wrote one using the word "HUNDRED".  I was so impressed with the ideas they came up with.   Tomorrow we will work on a few other 100 day activities as we did not get to all of them today.

Our assembly has been changed to March 11.  We have been working hard on 2 songs and a video with our grade 3/4 buddies.

All parts for the Annie Musical have been filled and Mrs. McBride will be letting us know by Friday who has landed each role.  Stay tuned :)

Next week some exciting things will be happening.  Mr. S (our student teacher) will be returning for a 9 week practicum.  With my guidance he will be teaching 90-100% of the time.  Next week I will be teaming up with Mrs. Bowles to introduce a new way of teaching/organizing math lesson sin the classroom.  It is similar to Daily 5 but this program is called Math Daily 3.  This way of teaching math is new to us and that is why I have asked Mrs. Bowles to help introduce this program.  I am super excited for this to get started.

Have a wonderful evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment