Monday 30 November 2015

November 30

Hello Families....I am back.  Last week I was away on a brief medical leave but I am back and feeling great.  Looking forward to working hard through these 3 weeks.

While I was away, our student teacher Mr. S. did a fantastic job keeping the ship afloat.  Him and I were able to plan each night over email/text and he did an amazing job teaching our children.  We are very grateful for him.  Thank you Mr. S.

Here is some important information.
1.  We are a bit low on gifts for our families helping families.  I know this year is tough on many families and I completely understand if you are not able to support this year.  I am only mentioning this in case some families still have gifts at home at they are planning on sending in (a couple kids did mention this today).  Thank you for your continued support with this.

2. We are going on a field trip on Monday to the Auburn Heights Retirement Residence.  We are super excited to take part in this community building activity.  We will be singing to the residence and working on a Christmas craft with them.  I am looking for one parent who would be interested in joining us next Monday afternoon.  Please email me if you are interested.

3.  Parent teacher conferences are this Thursday evening and Friday morning.  I am looking forward to meeting with you.  I still have a few spots available if you have not yet booked a time.  This goal for this parent teacher conference is for me to tell you where your child is functioning for their grade, what they are doing well and where they might need to improve.  We will look at some of their work together which will help give you a better perspective as to what they are doing.  The meetings are only 15 minutes so I will have to talk fast :)  If you have any questions ahead of time please email me so I can have an answer prepared and ready to go for our meeting.

4.  Next week is our Christmas concert.  It is on Wednesday evening.  The kids are asked to dress in their best cowboy/cowgirl attire.  Concert begins at 6pm.

5. November book orders have not yet arrived.  I will be sending home the Decembers orders tomorrow in hopes of having all orders in by Friday.  This way the books will arrive before Christmas for sure.

I think that is it for now.  If I think of more things that I need to catch you up on I will add another post called November 30 #2.

Have a wonderful evening.

P.S.  I really missed the kids and I was so happy to see their smiling faces this morning.  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment