Wednesday 28 October 2015

October 28

Today during Writer's Workshop we continued to talk about ways to organize our writing.  We did an example together where we organized our writing by colours.  Here is our example:


Red is a bright colour.  Apples are often red as they grow on trees.  I see red on the Canadian flag as it blows in the wind.  Have you ever see a red pear?  Red peppers are hot and they burn my mouth.  My blood is red as it flows through my body.
Blue is one of my favourite colours.  It represents a beautiful flower called "Forget me not".  Do you know what this looks like?  The sky is a bright blue and it makes me think of warm days. Can you believe there is a crab that has blue on its legs.

What does green make you think of?  Green as the grass that grows in the prairies.  Many vegetables are green and some of my favourites are broccoli brussel sprouts.   Green reminds me of the smell of grass right after a rain. 


This morning we also had music and then after lunch we learned to play a new math game with our grade 3/4 buddies.  It is a game you can play at home.  Please ask your child about this game.

We did calendar activities and then headed off to dance.  We learned the thriller dance.  See if you can show off your moves to your family.

At the end of the day we worked with our 3/4 buddies on a witch/Halloween art project.

Please remember to bring your Halloween costume to school tomorrow.

The following students have been chose to attend intramurals:  Eden, Trevor, Grace, Landyn, Kale, Grayson and Dexter.  Please return permission forms ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment